Search This Blog

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Ten years

Today is September 11 2011. Ten years has passed since almost 3000 people were murdered by terrorists. Those extremists never met any of the people who perished that day, but hated them anyway. I, as every other American, remember that day like it was yesterday. I remember going to my son's daycare just to hold him. I remember as a new mom how afraid I was for my country, those people and their families affected and for my family. Everything changed. What was it like to raise children in a time of war? Motherhood is already hard, how would I be able to be apart from my kids? How could I protect them if I wasn't with them? How could I protect them at all in a world so full of evil? Ten years has passed and a lot has changed; new house, new job, new baby. Despite current world events, life has went on. I can not imagine the horror every mother or wife experienced who lost someone on that day ten years ago. I just know that I will do my best to teach my kids that despite everything there is good in the world, that they can make a difference, and that through it all, their momma will do her best to protect them I hope everyone hugs their babies today.

No comments:

Post a Comment