Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

My 2012 "To Do" List

"People who are unable to motivate themselves must be content with mediocrity, no matter how impressive their other talents."
Andrew Carnegie


Yes, I know it isn't Christmas yet but I've been thinking about a lot of things I want to accomplish in 2012. These are not resolutions, because I know I will not keep those. These are more like goals that I'm going to try to work on.  So, here is a few, I'm sure I will add more to the list as I go....

  1. Read my Bible more... I am currently horrible at this and I have got to get better at taking the time to read God's word.
  2. Save more money... we have been in trouble several times when we didn't have enough money saved and of course, something breaks down or we get in a bind.
  3. Give more money to church... again, another thing I am horrible at. I've got to be more obedient to what God wants me to do.
  4. Practice slowing down the pace of my life. I know things can wait, I just always feel rushed.
  5. Practice being more patient with my kids. They can be a handful sometimes and I really don't mean to get annoyed with them.. I just get tired and cranky, it's not their fault and I shouldn't take it out on them.
So, here is at least the beginning of my "to do" list for 2012. I'll let you know how it goes on meeting those goals!


No comments:

Post a Comment