Search This Blog

Monday, December 19, 2011

Getting Ready for Christmas

It is always busy around here this time of year. This is my first day off work and Samuel and I have been busy! We have been making homemade bread, finished grandma's Christmas present, and wrapped a few as well. It is always fun to have my "big helper" around, even if he usually creates more of a mess than he can clean up. Later, when the bread is done, I will post a pic of it along with the recipe. It takes a few hours, but it is well worth the time.. And with it making two large loafs, it lasts in our house for almost a week! I just put one in the freezer until we are ready to use it.

Samuel making grandma's present, a stepping stone for her garden.
 I continue to have difficulty slowing down. It seems my mind races with trying to make up for all of the things that I want to do with the kids and at home. Work really gets in the way of my life! Does anyone else have this problem? If so, please give me some ideas how to quit trying to be superwoman and slow down!

No comments:

Post a Comment