Search This Blog

Sunday, December 18, 2011

God has a sense of humor!

Anyone who knows me knows that I have a tendancy to stress out over little things at times in my life. I can help other people deal with big issues in my counseling job and keep my cool, but in my life, the details get to me...

Take Christmas for instance. I think I have done a fairly good job keeping things simple this year. We haven't overdone presents, decorations are minimal, though I'd love to be one of those Martha Stewart moms. But I do really want things to be nice and memorable for my family. But it seems that God has a sense of humor some times. I went and bought the boys new clothes for the several Christmas parties we have this week as well as haircuts, so they look nice in pictures. I just want us to look "put together" sometimes, even if I don't feel like we are.

Getting ready for church this morning, Samuel was playing with a pair of little school scissors, you know, the kind that will barely cut paper. He disappears for a few minutes and then comes in the room with a guilty look on his face... and a gaping bald spot on the top of his head. Oh my, God has a sense of humor.

So now, our pictures won't necessarily be "perfect." But despite being a little upset, okay, I was mad, I know that we will look back at it and laugh. It will remind me that I'm not in charge, He is. And sometimes we just have to sit back and laugh a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment