Search This Blog

Saturday, December 24, 2011

Homemade Granola Jars

Merry Christmas everyone! Here is what I am giving a few of the guys in my life for Christmas presents. This homemade granola was so easy and I basically used what I had on hand in the cupboards. You can vary the ingredients to include what you like the best!

Ingredients:
3 cups uncooked oatmeal
2 cups Grape Nuts cereal
1/2 cup raisins
1/4 cup slivered almonds
1/4 cup wheat germ
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup honey
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips

I mixed all of the dry ingredients except the chocolate chips in a large bowl. Add in the honey and mix until the ingredients are clumping together. Spread out on a cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes. Let cool completely. Add chocolate chips when the mixture is totally cool. Place in mason jars and secure lids.

I had to kick my husband out of the kitchen while making this because he kept stealing bites! This would also be good with sunflower seeds or any other kind of nuts.

No comments:

Post a Comment