Search This Blog

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Family...

I bought a book this weekend about homesteading. What is homesteading you ask? Basically getting back to "old time" ways like gardening, canning, and living off the land. Basically the way my grandparents lived their whole lives. This book brought back some great memories of my sister and I rolling a jar of cream back and forth across grandma's living room making butter. That was the sweetest thing I ever tasted with her homemade jelly and biscuits.

I wish my life was simpler. It's not exactly complicated I guess but it's not like I have a whole lot of time to spend making butter. I work full time with emotionally disturbed children, I have been married for almost fifteen years to my best friend and have two beautiful boys . I believe God has blessed me greatly and I thank Him daily. I am busy. My house is rarely clean though I can get one room clean at a time, on a good day. Supper is usually rushed and not always complete with veggies, though I try. There are even occasions when my child's socks don't match when he leaves for school.  Oh well, I think overall we are doing pretty good. I have a wonderful family even if we are far from perfect. My goal is to work to grow closer to Christ, be a good wife and mother....and maybe make time to teach my kids how to make some butter.

No comments:

Post a Comment