Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Changing the world

I grew up pretty sheltered, which I guess is good. I want my kids to be sheltered too. I always knew I wanted to help people and pursued my career to do just that. Therefore I am now a therapist working with emotionally disturbed children. It is a hard job and it only gets harder. The last few days have been the hardest of my career. It amazes me how a six year old can be so broken. I'll be honest, it makes me question my faith. How can our loving God allow a baby to go through so much? I feel guilty for even thinking that but I think God will understand. There are days I want to do something else, today is one of them. I am so blessed with my children and husband. I don't want my boys to even know what I have to see daily. My heart is just broken for "my kids". Lord, give me strength to do your will and keep my faith that you know what you are doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment