Search This Blog

Friday, August 5, 2011

Organization

Organization, or the lack thereof, is going to be the death of me. School starts in one week and I am both excited and totally not ready. I still get that feeling of a new beginning like I did as a kid when I spent a week planning what I would wear the first day of school. My boys do not share that same enthusiasm. We battle everyday to get them back in their "school routine" of going to bed early and waking up even earlier. It really doesn't matter. I know every morning there will be crying, lost shoes, and at least one homework assignment that conveniently was forgotten. Rarely have I made it out the door without oatmeal as an accessory for my clothes...and that's okay. I will continue to strive to improve my household organization skills by attempting a menu plan, having baskets at entryways to catch papers and keys, and select a weeks worth of outfits at a time. Wish me luck! In the long run, how organized I am is not what my kids will remember...maybe that extra ten minutes of snuggle time in the morning is more important.

No comments:

Post a Comment