Search This Blog

Saturday, August 13, 2011

"The Middle"

My boys are almost eight years apart in age. Two different worlds apart....one in preschool, another starting middle school in two days. I asked my sweet little boy , well, he's almost as tall as me, if he was ready for it. His reply, " uh, YEAH! The girls there are HOT!" My reply, "Huh?"  When did this happen ?  I know that just a few days ago my child was playing dress up in cowboy clothes running around with stick for an imaginary gun.....wait, that really WAS a few days ago.  The "middle " is a funny place. Not quite a teenager, not quite a little kid. They are moody and irritable one minute, wanting to snuggle on your lap the next. I am not ready for him to quit playing dress up and start noticing girls. It hurts my heart.... but its starting to happen and I'll be there for him through every heart break, worry, and new experience. And I will cherish every time he wants to snuggle by me.

No comments:

Post a Comment