Search This Blog

Monday, January 2, 2012

Asking for Help

I didn't make any real New Year's Resolutions.. I rarely keep them and just feel disappointed in myself when I don't. But I am trying to simplify and slow down in my life. I have worked diligently over Christmas break to clean, organize and throw out things in my home. Huge job and still can't tell a lot has been done, not that we have a lot, but our house is small and tends to accumulate rather quickly. I have worked to cram every domestic duty into two weeks time, all in my attempt to simplify? Uh, maybe not...

Yesterday, as I was driving down the road, I had an epiphany. I had not asked GOD for His help in calming my nerves and simplifying my life. I was trying to do it all on my own, with new calendars and bins for stuff. The first thing I should have done was ask God to take charge. I can not do anything on my own, why would this be any different!

So I asked God to take charge in this area of my life, to take away the guilt when I can't get it all done. It's hard, I admit. I want to do it all and be it all, but that's not in His plan. I will continue to pray about this daily and work to just do one little organizing thing a week or so, instead of tackling it all and exhausting myself when I have a little bit of time off work.

Only I could make simplifying stressful!!! Ha Ha!! But God is going to help me now, wish I had asked for help a long time ago!

No comments:

Post a Comment