Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Burnout

It is difficult balancing life and work, as all working moms know. When I was younger, I was very career minded. I worked hard, long hours to satisfy my own competitive drive to be a better employee and attempt to save the world. As I have gotten older, my focus has changed. I want to spend time with my kids and husband. It is difficult to balance the career I have built for myself and the life I want. There are days, like today, I would give up all of the career just for more time at home. I don't think most men understand this.  My husband has made many sacrifices for the family, giving up promotions and better jobs, but he loves his job and looks forward to it every day. Lately, I just want to stay with my babies.

No comments:

Post a Comment