Search This Blog

Friday, November 11, 2011

Catch up

I had a horrible case of strep throat this week so much of it was spent in bed. I hate not being physically able to keep up with all the things that are racing in my mind. Now I am behind. There are no groceries in the house, the laundry is piled up and the whole place needs a good scrubbing. I have been trying to stay ahead of the week by preparing freezer meals, creating menu plans and grocery lists. The last few days, that has all been out the window!

I decided to take today off work just to catch up on rest and my household chaos. Still haven't gotten much accomplished yet, though I know I'll get there. It feels good to slow down a little, take a breath, and relax. I have been reading several blogs about setting weekly personal goals for oneself. So, here is my first attempt to do so:
  1. Fold all of the laundry and put up.
  2. Spend five minutes each night cleaning my bedroom
  3. Have no dishes left in the sink before bed each night
  4. Read my Bible daily
  5. Make Christmas ornaments with Samuel this weekend
I will let you know how it is going in reaching my goals. It may not seem like that big of goals, but small steps will always get you where you need to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment